Saturday, January 31, 2009

Orderliness : Start and End on the Right Note

The orderliness of my life can be very easily measured. What I do at the start of the day and how I end my day reflects the degree of order and control I have over my spirit. That is why I make it a point to be the first person to wake up in my family. Those quiet morning moments are so precious for me to collect my thoughts and order my thinking. When my own spirit is in control at the start of the day, I find it relatively easier to have a restful response throughout the day.

At the end of the day, I would read and reflect. Much of what happens during the day are lessons that needs to be "digested" upon. Avoid watching TV or movies to sleep because the last few images of the evening hours can impact your quality of sleep. Deliberate conversations and "coffee time" with my wife is an excellent way to unwind.

Orderliness is "arranging myself and my surroundings to achieve greater efficiency". There is no better place to start than with own thoughts at the start and end of the day. Be in control of your thinking and attitude - that's true orderliness that is from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment