Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Faith : It is the Toughness Factor!

Life is not about you. As a child, the world does revolve around you but as you grow (and I hope that most of you do!), we realize that with freedom comes an increasing degree of responsibility as well. In other words, we need to live our lives based on proven principles rather than selfish ambition.

FAITH is defined as confidence that actions rooted in good character will yield the best outcome, even when I cannot see how. FAITH is an interesting character quality because it represents your belief in proven principles that will work (despite the seemingly negative current circumstances). The opposite of FAITH is presumption - this is when we expect things to always go our way. For example, when sales are not coming in, do I practice FAITH to continue in my discipline of regular prospecting or do I give up and change job? FAITH is that ability to look beyond my comfort zone to a strong sense of purpose that compels me to stand firm in the midst of negativity. Tough times do not last but tough people do. Now, that's the essence of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment